Friday, August 27, 2010

I’m seriously starting to get really freaked. This week was the worst. I had to work one night, and you know how we’re open kinda late? Well I was sitting in a staff room near the back on a break. I heard the elevator ding and footsteps go down the back hallway. I didn’t think anything of it, because I knew a co-worker had gone downstairs and I was expecting him to come back up. But then it happened again about 5 minutes later. I listened to the footsteps as they came down the hallway thinking: “For sure, that’s (my co-worker).” They stopped outside the door and I expected him to walk in. But nothing happened. So I got up and walked to the door and no one was there. I SWEAR I heard footsteps. I turned around to walk back in to the staff room and I heard kind of a scraping. There are banks of lockers in the room- and that’s where the scraping was coming from. I looked over at the lockers and the combination locks on the handles were swinging back and forth. Even though I was the only one in the room and no one had touched them in the last 15 minutes. Needless to say, I left that room and haven’t been back since.


Also, our cleaning crew has switched shifts. Remember how I said they used to come during the night? Well, they’re coming in the morning now. We even got a staff memo about it. Supposedly it’s due to an upgrade with our security system (more about that later).

However, there are rumors about the REAL reason the cleaning crew switched. Like, how they would mop the floor during the night, leave the room, and come back to find footprints on the wet floor. They said this didn’t just happen once, but multiple times. And they’d hear weird noises at night. Basically they were afraid to be alone in the building. So now they come in the morning.

Problems with our security system: we’ve had several instances of the motion detectors going off during the night. The police keep getting called because the alarm is triggered by something moving. Then when they go inside, there’s nothing there. It’s gotten so bad that the security company has been called and supposedly they’ve made some changes to “upgrade” our system. We’ll see if that works.

I’m starting to get really worried.


~ A.L.

__________________________________________________________________

Danse Immortelle: A Masquerade Ball
Friday, October 29, 2010 @ 8pm
Huntsville Public Library
Tickets: $10 in advance, $20 at the door
Tickets available after October 4 at any library location
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment